Come Summers and we think of all the fun clothes we can wear. Here in Colorado, after seven months of cold weather, summers are always looked forward to. Especially after the ‘Wintery Spring’ we have had this year. Though, the summers will officially start on June 21st , but the weatherman tells us a different story.
I’m already thinking of endless summer lookbooks with all the fabrics and prints available. Talking of fabrics, Denim is one versatile fabric – popular among all age groups and in all seasons – worldwide.
So let’s see how we can have fun with denim in hotter months. Soft and light denim, I mean. Save the thicker ones for winters. Depending on how intense the summers are in your area, take your pick from the following list and be a Summer Denim Diva !!
1) Shorts : Summers and shorts are always talked together. And there are different styles and lengths available. You must try shorts before you buy them. And if you are on the wrong side of thirty, leave the ultra short shorts for teenagers please !! Or you will look as if you are trying too hard.
2) Skirts: You knew this would be on the list. Right? I love the fact that a skirt can be worn for different occasions – lunch date, coffee date, summer carnivals , running errands and play dates.
3) Denim Overalls / Dungarees/ Jumpsuits : If you have never tried this, now is the perfect time.They are a staple in my wardrobe and are good throughout the year ! Marshalls, TJ MAxx, Macy’s all carry these. These come in loose fit or fitted styles.
4) Denim Tops: Tops in lighter denim fabric go well with just anything. Kurtis, Chambray shirts are all great for warmer temperatures.
5) Denim on Denim: Wear Chambray shirts or denim kurti with other denim bottoms. It’s a classic ! Or a tee and cropped jacket with your favorite jeans.
6) Dresses: Summers are incomplete without any dresses. And that includes denim dresses. Think Sun Dresses or Belted Denim Shirt dresses .
7) Cropped Jackets: Sometimes all you need is a little something to have the ‘ Denim ‘ look. A cropped jacket looks great with dresses, maxi skirts/ maxi dresses or as mentioned above with a tee and jeans.
8) White Denims: Forget all the colors and try white this summer. Shorts, skirts, jeans – all these come in white too.
9) Accessories: Think bags, shoes, caps, belts and jewelery. Yes, denim is everywhere.
If you still want more , then try denim overall skirts or capris.
Denims are available in a wide range of colors and prints. You can pick the one (or two or more?? ) which suits you the best.
Few shirt ideas to wear with colored denims – Printed tops, Chambray shirts, Peplum tops, Kurtis, Pastel colors, totally contrast color ( for the daring ones ). There is something for everyone !
Is there anything else in denim which you think is fun in summers ?
Do come back for some more fashion talk and stay tuned for Tuesday Tip tomorrow.
Rise and Shine !!