In my previous article on bags, The Bag Mama , I discussed how to decide on buying the bag as per your lifestyle. One more point to keep in mind is your body shape when you are shopping for purse. Although, it may seem unimportant if you are neither petite or large, but there are some general rules which are good to follow.
Did you know that….
- the size of handbag should be proportionate to the person’s body type ?
- most women look good wearing handbags that hang to the mid-torso ?
- the length of a handbag – where the bottom hits the body – emphasizes that area ? So decide what you want to highlight.
- short and petite women appear taller with small handbags and shorter with large handbags?
- tall and slim women appear larger with small handbags and look best with midsize, large and oversized styles ?
- short women look taller carrying a long rectangular handbag?
- a round bag compliments a slim and tall body?
- short handbags make busts appear larger ? So choose styles with longer straps to avert attention.
Hope the above tips along with these guidelines will help you in your next bag shopping endeavour.
Don’t forget to like PDAC on Facebook.
Rise and Shine !!