Packed with more than half a dozen of fresh veggies, this Italian style soup is supercharged with vitamins & minerals. This nutritious & healthful soup helps me to consume the seasonal vegetables all at one time.It can be a complete meal by itself and you can serve it as an appetizer too.
As I always try to go for natural ingredients, I’ve used fresh vegetables & beans. For the vegetable stock, I usually make twice as much as I need. So the one I used for this soup is few days old but still flavorful.You may use canned ingredients and store bought low sodium vegetable stock. Also,there is no fixed recipe for this soup.So feel free to add more veggies if you wish to.
Serves: 4 Level: Easy
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes
Course: Appetizer/ Main
2 tablespoons Olive oil
1/2 cup onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup celery stalk, diced
1/3 cup carrot, diced
1/3 cup squash, diced
1/3 cup cannellini beans, boiled
4 cups vegetable stock
1 medium potato, cubed
1 cup spinach leaves
1/2 cup pasta ( any small sized)
1/2 cup tomato,diced
1 teaspoon basil, dried
1 teaspoon thyme, dried
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese( optional)
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large soup pot heat olive oil & saute onions & garlic in it.
- Add celery, carrot, beans, squash and saute them for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Pour in vegetable stock, potato cubes, pasta,spinach & tomato & bring to a boil.
- Let it simmer on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with thyme,basil,salt & pepper before serving.
- If you are using Parmesan cheese, now is the time to add that.
Make sure you add in raw, uncooked pasta along with other ingredients.