A whole wheat tortilla ( chapatti) wrapped around a bunch of veggies becomes a healthy weekend brunch idea.Using the staples of mexican cooking, corn & beans, this dish comes out with a rich flavor & an enticing spicy taste.
Makes: 6 wraps Level : Easy
Cooking time: 10 minutes Preparation time: 5 minutes
Course: Main Spice level: Mild hot
1 medium onion, sliced length wise
1 capsicum,sliced length wise
1 1/2 cup Black beans boiled
1 1/2 cup corn
4 tbsp salsa
2 teaspoon taco / fajita seasoning
1/3 cup 4 cheese Mexican blend ( or any grated cheese), vegans use any vegan cheese
1 teaspoon oil
- Heat oil in a medium skillet & saute veggies for 3-4 minutes on high flame.
- Add salsa & seasoning. Saute again for 3-4 minutes.
- Add cheese.
- Fill each tortilla with 2-3 tablespoons of the sauteed veggie mixture & make wraps.
- Grill them in a panini press for 2 minutes at medium setting.
- Enhance the flavors by serving with condiments like sour cream, shredded lettuce and guacamole.
- You may vary the amount of cheese & spices.
- Add more seasoning to get medium hot flavor.
- These wraps are low in calories, high in fiber & vitamins.
Most of the wraps from the popular fast food chains are over loaded with sodium & calories whereas these home made wraps are not. So why not serve your kids with healthy lunch which they sure would love to eat.