This side dish needs little embellishment & no cooking at all.You can have this on the table even faster than you think. Every kitchen has onions & tomatoes ( I guess so ! ). So how about making a luscious side dish with them?
Cuisine: Indian Serves 2
Preparation time: 5 minutes Course: side dish
1 Cup fresh yogurt
1/2 teaspoon roasted, powdered, cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon rock salt/ black salt
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 pinch black pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup finely diced tomato
- Beat yogurt to remove any knots.
- Add all the spices.Mix well.
- Add onions & tomatoes.Mix them well so that they blend with the yogurt.
- Serve cold .
- Pair it with any sauteed veggies, pulav or kebabs.
- Use it as a dipping sauce with almost anything !
- Tastes best when consumed the same day.
Excellent source of calcium and phosphorous.
Did you Know?
Yogurt can be more easily digested, especially by the people who have lactose intolerance. This is mainly because the lactose content in milk is lowered in Yogurt following fermentation.