Quick, easy & flavorful …this is how I would like to introduce this appetizer/ side dish which can be ready in 15 minutes if made from scratch. A very good alternative to the popular French fries, these can be savored with condiments such as ketchup, mayonnaise, sour cream …to name a few!
Also, please don’t get scared by its name. I’ve used very little cheese.
Makes : 12 rounds Course: Appetizer/ side dish
Preparation Time: 2 minutes Baking time : 10 minutes
Cooling Time: 2-3 minutes Ready in : 15 minutes
2 medium sized Potatoes
1/3 cup low fat, grated cheese ( any )
1/2 tablespoon lemon pepper
1/2 tablespoon Oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt ( or as per taste)
- Bake potatoes in microwave for 5 minutes.
- Let them cool for 2 minutes & then cut them in round slices.
- Sprinkle Oregano, lemon pepper, salt & cheese over them.
- Bake them again in microwave for 5 minutes.
- When ready, let them cool for couple of minutes before serving.
Pair them with baked Salmon / veggies.
Savor them alone with ketchup or any other hot sauce.
Baked potatoes are rich in Potassium, Vitamin C & B6.
Interesting facts about Potatoes
- World’s largest potato weighed in at 18 pounds, 4 ounces, enough for 73 portions of medium fries at McDonald’s.
- The potato is the most important non-cereal crop in the world, and fourth most important crop overall.
- The protein in potatoes is among the best to be found in vegetables.